- UK confirms first two coronavirus cases after multiple scares
- Confirmed cases in China rise to 9,928 from 7,700 a day earlier
- Risk-off mood hits stocks
- Impact of virus “not fully reflected” in rigged China PMI number
- At least two-thirds of China’s economy to stay shut.
- Goldman disagrees with Ross, says virus blowback will wipe 0.4% off US GDP growth
- ‘The U.K. health department confirmed two cases of coronavirus in England on Friday, while the U.S. and Japan advised citizens to avoid traveling to China.
- Hong Kong schools shuttered until March 2
- Singapore closes borders to Chinese travelers, first southeast Asian nation to do so.
- More than 43 airlines cancel flights to China
- France successfully evacuates citizens
- 1,000 suspected virus cases ‘under observation’ in India
- Confirmed cases near 10,000 as Russia confirms 2
- JPM cuts global growth forecast
- United and Delta allow pilots to decline trips
- Delta expands China cancellations through April
- Research suggests 75,800 infected in Wuhan
- Iran cancels flights to and from China
* * *
Update (1045ET): After its pilots’ union sued the airline to try and force cancellations, American has acquiesced and joined Delta in cancelling all flights to and from China, though the exact timeframe of the cancellations hasn’t yet been reported. Analysts expect the airline will wait a week to start cancelling flights to give customers a way out of China.