- France announces lockdowns
- NY tops 500k COVID cases
- Merkel confirms lockdown plans
- Protests over new restrictions arise in Italy
- Details of new French, German lockdowns hit
- Brussels to discuss EU-wide measures
- Germany prepares return to partial lockdown
- France mulls new measures
- Czech Republic and Poland suffer new records
- Texas cases see biggest jump in 2 months
- Mainland China reports 42 more cases
- BoJo faces pressure for new lockdown
- UK vaccine task force warns: prepare for unsafe vaccines
As expected, French President Emmanuel Macron announced during a briefing Wednesday evening that France would join Germany in announcing a new partial lockdown that would see schools remain open, while curfews, ‘nonessential’ business closures and restrictions on movement return.
Per the new restrictions, all bars and restaurants across France will close, a measure that is infuriating the national hospitality industry.
Will the announcement, which was telegraphed in advance by leaks to the press, rattle markets on Thursday, leading to a continuation of Wednesday’s market turmoil?